Blog Journal #9

Personally, I really like distance learning for certain classes. I have taken distance learning through FLVS and other programs since high school, so I was able to adapt a little more easily during the pandemic. I like being able to work at my own pace, with weekly deadlines. Something I dislike though, is the lack of community with other classmates. Since it is towards the end of my college career, it doesn't affect me too much, but as a freshman, I would not like the anti-social aspect of distance learning. As a teacher, I would encourage students to talk to each other more by giving out extra credit or doing other group assignments.

A paragraph about open educational resources (OER). Describe these resources in your own words. Find a online resource (blog post about OER, examples of OER materials, an article about OER, etc.), provide a brief synopsis, and post the link to your blog. Open educational resources are resources that are freely available online, without any copyright or other licensing issues. They can take the form of text, media, or other digital sources. This article about Open Content and Open Educational resources describes the use of OER in distance learning. It also talks about how these resources promote universal education. This universal education means that people of all locations, class, race, etc. can have equal access to education. This is the website.

Before these Powerpoint assignments, I did not know that you could record and narrate a Powerpoint show. I also did not know that you could reorder the show and make images/buttons links to other Powerpoint pages. I learned several new skills with these assignments. If I did another Powerpoint show, I would likely condense things into one page so that my lecture wouldn't be so rushed. If I did another Powerpoint interaction, I would try to add more educational details into the story making. Here are my two presentations!

Comments