Blog Journal #8

The website design assignment was pretty fun. I have experience designing websites for either blogs, portfolios, or other online platforms, so it was not necessarily any new skills that I utilized though it was good to have a refresher. I really liked learning what pages a classroom website should have. I liked learning that you can embed calendars into the pages. It was also easy to use Weebly with the theme settings. Here is my website:website

Diigo is a great resource for an online wiki. It is also a great resource, since the extension plug lets you highlight and link existing pages. The tags are also great skills to know. This application can be useful in my classroom for students to share and have access to resources. It's useful for team members for the same reason. In my individual professional efforts, it's useful for article reading and annotations.

A paragraph about technology and teacher professional development. Teachers are tasked with being the driving force of technology innovation in education -- which is directly related to professional development, how we stay aware of changes. Post a link and description of one site you could use to stay informed of technology trends in education. Technology is extremely important for teacher professional development. As teachers, we are teaching the next generation, who will likely have more technology and be even more advanced than teachers. As such, it is important to stay aware of changes and also be the one finding new ways to utilize this technology in the classroom. Here is one site that I found about educational technolgy trends: eLearning Industry This website is called the eLearning Industry, and keeps up with new educational technology trends. This articles lists different resources, social media, analytics, etc. for teachers to understand.

Comments

  1. Hi Kristin! Your class website is really pretty and I appreciate the pictures of your pup! I think you should resize the title of your website on the home page since the tabs are nearly the same size. Also,
    in the Academic Resources tab, the picture you chose is somewhat dark so "MS. KEHL'S 11TH GRADE ENGLISH" is illegible. Great website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice homepage, and I love your introduction. I'm not sure of the significance of the leaves on the announcement, I think I might have used something different. with the academic resources the tittle is a bit dark so it gets lost in the picture and I would have used a hyper link to an email in the "contact Ms. Kehl". I love the color theme on the home page, love the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your website was awesome! It was very informative and welcoming as well as modern and youthful. I loved that you added a link to Gilmore Girls (favorite show of mine) and that you provided a link to your local book store. You did great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment