Blog Journal #7

For this paragraph, I visited Chiles High School website , which is a high school in Tallahassee, FL that some of my friends went to. On the website, there was a directory of teachers and by clicking on their name, you are taken to their school website. I was surprised to see that this class information is public, such as syllabi, assignments, calendars, etc. It almost seemed like a Canvas page that was public. Most teachers also posted a good bit of personal information. While I think that teacher websites are useful, it doesn't seem necessary to have all of this information public.


I envision myself using technology on a daily basis to accomplish my professional responsibilities. Not only is the U.S becoming more technologically advanced and dependent, but we are also finding more innovative ways to make technology more accessible and user friendly. I especially envision using cloud-based technology in my classrooms, as this promotes group work and makes everything accessible to a wide audience, such as a classroom. I also find myself using Google Calendar frequently now, as it allows other people to access my schedule and schedule themselves accordingly for when they may need me.

This was the first course where I have used PB Works wiki platform. The platform seemed to be html coded, so similar to this page. It was useful for collaborating and creating a website with other group members. However, I didn't find this platform to be easy to use. It had an odd user interface and made the experience a bit confusing, especially when embedding links and documents. If I was using this for my future K-12 students, I would wonder if there is a similar way to collaboratively build a site, on similar but different platform.

Comments