Blog Journal #6

I have never used Diigo before, so it was an interesting experience. I have used wiki pages and Slack before, so it somewhat reminded me of those two resources. I found it incredibly useful that Diigo allows you to not only bookmark an article, but also to highlight and make notes that are shareable to the site. The only thing I wish Diigo had, was a simpler user interface. It is slightly confusing to figure out where everything is and how to format stuff.

I have used blogger, back when it was blogspot, and I have also used weebly and other blogging sites. I think everyone in my age group used to have a tumblr blog as well! It has been interesting using this format again, as I haven't blogged personally for a while, but have written for blogs as a writer. During this blogging process, it is the first time I have used it for educational purposes, so it has been a fun way to recap how the week has gone.

As a potential high school English teacher, I would use mind-mapping in my courses. Mindmapping is a graphical way to represents ideas and concepts, so it works well for evaluating literature, storytelling, main characters, themes, etc. Bubbl.us is an online Mind Mapping Web.20 tool that makes it easy to collaborate and share these maps and ideas. The easy user interface would make it interactive with the students while still being an effective teaching tool.

Comments