Blog Journal #1

Hi everyone! My name is Kristin. I'm a graduating senior, majoring in Creative Writing with minors in Education and Chinese. I'm also a cafe manager at my local coffee shop, and I've worked in coffee for over three years now. I have a dog, a 3 year old Australian Shepherd rescue who is absolutely insane but I love her. I'm looking forward to being in this class.

I have used technology in an educational setting, starting in middle school, I believe. That is when I first began utilizing the Internet to research, for school related activities. Since then, I have used technology more and more, through Word, OneNote, GroupMe, Blackboard, Canvas, and now, more recently, Zoom! As technology becames more prevalent in our overall society, I use technology on a daily basis to further my education.

This week, I learned what a personal learning network is. I had not heard that term before now. The learning resources that I predominantly use are reading sources, both offline and online. Offline, I tend to read severals book in a month, as I am a Creative Writing major and the best way to become a better writer is to become a better reader. Online, I read several literary journals and magazines. I also use social media to read news sources, that keeps me up to date. These both further my goal to become a better writer and inform my learning goals. I'm also in several Slack and Discord channels for my job, and internships.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Another Latte"Another Latte" by jbrisch is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0

Comments